Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Gangliness

I can't tell if "gangliness" is a word or not. Gangly is. Gangling is. What if I want to describe the "gangly-ness" of a person? How to do so? I figure that I just use the word anyway, even if I can't find it on Dictionary.com. I have two things open when I write: Dictionary.com, and Wikipedia. My biggest horror would be to spell something wrong. Honestly, I'd rather use a word incorrectly, but that's another reason I have that site open, definitions. Then Wikipedia, because sometimes I can't remember all of the proper names for parts of a sword. Quillons, anyone?

Today I was reading Penny Arcade (because that's like the first thing I do when it's Wednesday), and I have to believe they were talking about "Twilight" in their comic. It's this vampire book, where the vampires aren't vampire-esque at all. Instead, they are more like Gucci models, or whatever. They can go out in the sun, I hear. And they probably eat garlic, likely at a trendy-Seattle restaurant. These books, if you haven't seen their black covers, adorned with flowers or whatever, loom largely in full racks at your local bookstore. I would have to say that 90% of the women I know have read these things, so I'm just noting the phenomenon that likely has the books sitting in your wife's car, as I'm typing this. Beware, the next books they take up will be full of hairless werewolves who are dangerously-beautiful, fighting off their primal instincts to finally have a real relationship with their last intended victim. We'll call her Denise, and she can be gorgeous too.

Stardust, the book, was written by Neil Gaiman. Who knew? Well, probably lots of people. This is news to me, even though I saw the movie like 6 months ago. I'm pop-culturally retarded, so my bad.

5 comments:

Justin and Amy said...

I'm trying hard to be a loyal reader of your nerd blog to better understand the world in which you live. It is still very confusing to me. But I like your blog.

More importantly, I have a question. Are you playing fantasy baseball? I've never played before and I need people to play with.

Justin

Shawn said...

I have never played fantasy baseball, but I would try it. I do play fantasy football, so I have some experience with fantasy sports. I am an unforgiving general manager, though. I go through more players than anyone else in my league.

Devyn said...

Twilight is so good. say what you will... but its fantastic.

Devyn said...

Also. Gangliness sounds like a word to me

Shawn said...

Sounds like a word to me, as well.